Monday, September 27, 2010

14 days and counting...

What have we been doing? Why have there been no postings? These are both very good questions.

I think they're trying to kill us.

Well, okay, maybe not. However, all I'm really doing right now is working and sleeping. Working, some sleeping. I'm working overtime. This sounds okay until you realize that overtime, in Xanterra terms, doesn't start until after 48 hours/week. That's a lot of hours. I'm not an overtime person - it just wears me out. That's where the sleeping comes in. I have 4 split shifts a week plus a full morning shift on Sundays, so I nap in between shifts as my shifts don't allow for a full 8 hours of sleep a night. Alex's last 2 weeks will be spent working 6 days a week, leaving us only one day for hiking together. Oh yeah - we also have to pack. Anyone want to buy a microwave?

1 comment:

  1. Amy and Alex -- Sounds like a LOT of work during your last weeks remaining at Yellowstone. Saw the pictures of Alex's birthday on Facebook...hey, wait a minute. Isn't your birthday on October 23rd?? When do you plan to leave and head south, then hopefully northwest?

    ReplyDelete